Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

+10
Frogger5
johnratchet3
its_crunchtime
FoolishBalloon
Talkal
ShadoWKilleR
PeterPorty
Zerovirus
FLAMELASHER
Bigkahuna
14 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:47 am

I go with everything that is in-game bolded; talking in between quotation marks and actions after "Major:" or "Minor:".
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Within the Light

Post  Talkal Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:58 pm

"Damn, where are we?"

Major - Look around for a weapon
Minor - Try to rememember what happened This counts as a minor?
Talkal
Talkal
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:11 pm

LOOT THA BODIEZ
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Talkal, that's fine.

Flamelasher... That'll do I suppose Neutral Hopefully people will start being more mature by the next roll and stop looting bodies, eh?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Let me "intelligent" it up for you Razz
not me wrote:Loot the unconscious people [Scavenger]

Scavenger will let you notice possible loot, that is if it's even allowed
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

I've decided that picking the pockets of unconscious people does not require stealth. Sure, if you do well, you'll get a stealth point or two, but you won't get any *better* at it.

Scavenging? How does grabbing things qualify as a skill? I'd keep it at stealth and just take the bonus points.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:49 pm

You're right, it sucks >.>
I tried running scenarios for it, and it was overpowered, it's like giving him a free action of "loot stuff" every movement roll he does out of combat.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Flamelasher, in the future I expect intelligent, bolded, and ORGANIZED actions.

One more note about abilities - abilities and skills will be trained automatically through actions using them. If you want XP (as a bonus) or you want to register a class bonus, THEN you put the skill in brackets. I thought it'd be rather unfair if it never got trained if you forgot to put brackets.

Flamelasher:

You yell, "DOES ANYONE HAVE A FREAKIN' KNIFE IN HERE!?!?"

Your voice reverberates across the walls of the room, and you hope that you didn't bring attention to any of your captors. Aethail answers faintly, "Yeah, but we're separated by some sort of wall."

Loot the unconscious bodies [Stealth]. - [5]

Excited about your former success, you begin to search other peoples' pockets. However, you don't manage to find anything, and while you're fumbling around you manage to lose a few of your... "hard-earned" silver coins. Hearing the clattering, Zerovirus and Talkal notice you. You look back at them rather sheepishly and start looking for your coins.

Search Check - UTTER SUCCESS

You find all of your coins, and notice three gold ones nearby!

Trying to loot one more person, you reach into his pockets and... he grabs ahold of your arm!

"Just what do you think you're doing?" the man growls angrily. It actually sounds quite pathetic considering he's swaying like a drunkard. You pull your arm out of his grip with ease, and ask, "Oh, nothing... but who are you? and do you know where we are?" He replies, "Buck's the name. Buck... yeah, just call me Buck for now. As for you're second question, no I don't have any idea in the least where I am."

New NPC: Buck

Athaiel VanGoit [PeterPorty]:

Flamelasher calls for a knife, and you tell him that you have one but you can't get to him. Maybe you'll worry about it later.

Search the unconscious people on the ground for tools, weapons, information, clothing, etc. without their knowledge, making sure first that they are still unconscious [Stealth]. - [19]

Carefully, you begin to rummage through some of your countrymens' things without waking them up. Not exactly a stellar thing to be doing all circumstances considered, but then again you were not always a noble person. You work silently, but watching eyes accustomed to the dark could perhaps shrewdly guess your ignoble pastime. It doesn't really require skill or even stealth to pick the pocket of unconscious person, though. Heck, if the people weren't half catatonic you'd have woken them up by now. You get some practice in, though [+1 Stealth Point].

Search Check - UTTER SUCCESS (lucky Peter Shocked )

"This guy must be utterly rich," you mumble to yourself. You take a handful of golden coins, a large key, and an umbrella of all things. Also you take his decorated vest, which has three brass medals and is richly adorned with gold thread and bright colors. You also take his manacle, but it cracks when putting it into your pocket and you curse your bad luck. You begin taking his pants but think better of it.

The next person you decide to relieve of their burdens seems to be some sort of officer. You check his pockets and find a piece of paper...

Examine Check - SUCCESS

As you look at it, memories begin to flood back. Unfortunately, it happens to be a WANTED! paper with your name and face on it and a hefty reward to boot. Reading your charges with relish, you remember of your escapades with armed robberies, con jobs, and pickpocketing galore. You can even feel some of your old skills coming back. Suddenly you remember what happened to you. You were walking through an alley at midnight (another proof of your stature) when you heard a slight humming sound come from around a corner, reminding you of a sword being pulled out of its sheath. When you looked around the corner, you saw a dark figure holding some sort of weapon, and then remembered no more.

Zerovirus:

You see Aethail standing over some of the barely breathing victims but decide not to worry about it.

"Can't even remember my name... Where am I?"

I go through my pockets. Maybe something in there will bring back memories.
Search Check - MINOR SUCCESS

You rummage through your dirt-coated pockets and manage to find a slightly sharp pocket-knife as well as a shiny metallic object. You think carefully...

Think Check - INCONCLUSIVE

...but the only thing you seem to remember is that someone gave you the metallic object about a week ago with instructions to keep it on you. You look at the pocketknife and see an inscription saying, "C. Reun". You hope it's your name.

I then walk over to the trapdoor, banging on it with as much strength as I can muster. - [13]

You start to walk over to where you heard Flamelasher yell from, when you realize that the ceiling is too low to walk; you begin to crawl over to where you heard Flamelasher yell from. About a minute later, you abruptly stop - narrowly missing the wall which you barely saw even though you were now accustomed to the darkness. It seems that Flamelasher is in the other hold. About to give up, you slump down when you hear...

Derek Fox [Shadowkiller]:

Bang on the wall to draw attention to me and say: "HEY! I found a way out, come here and help me break it open!"

Flamelasher, PeterPorty, and Talkal are nowhere to be seen, but Zerovirus just happens to be on the other side of the wall.
"I'm over here!" he yells. "Where are you?"

"Here!", you reply, "Right on the other side from you. I'll try to break it open from where I am - you pull the latch from the other side."

Major> Attempt to break it open [Brute Strength].

Door Strength - 25

Zerovirus Pull - 10
Shadowkiller Push - 17 - 2 = 15
Total Roll - 25 (that was close... I was sure you weren't going to make it)

Under your combined strength, the door breaks open! Zerovirus noticed the trapdoor and called to PeterPorty and Talkal. "Come over here! We found an exit!"

Talkal:

"D***, where are we?"
Zerovirus is crawling over to the corner, but he calls over his shoulder to you, saying, "In some sort of cargo hold. I'm going to find out."

Look around for a weapon. - [10]

You look around for a weapon, but all you manage to find is a piece of rope. "Anything can be used as a weapon," you think.

Minor - Try to rememember what happened.

Thought Check - SUCCESS

Your name is Jason Mornay. Through a haze in your mind you can see yourself growing up, being apprenticed to a blacksmith, and deserting after five years. You were sixteen at the time of your apprenticeship and you didn't want to be old (in your mind) by the time you graduated. However, your skills haven't quite left you. Sequences of events flash past, faster and faster, until you see them. Though it is just a memory, you cringe in remembrance of what you saw. You were the one to warn the town. When the dissapearances began, you knew what was happening. When the Visitors arrived, you submitted of your own free will. However, you had no idea that it would be like this.

Game Events:
Without warning, you can all hear the clank, clank sound of footsteps walking over a hard floor. Those who had heard Flamelasher yell all looked pointedly at him. "Sorry..." he mutters.
Two turns until whatever is making those footsteps arrives...

Spoiler:

Points of Interest:

•The door in the wall is open, and now players have access to each other.
•Several of you found items or received information that could be important. What will you do with them, and is anything left best untold?
•What will you do about the quickly approaching footsteps?
•What will you do about the rest of the prisoners?
•Zerovirus - what will you do about your name? Will you accept it? if so, will you go by "C.", try to remember your first name, or make up something to fit the "C."?

NOTE: An NPC, Buck, is available for play! Those on the waiting list simply need request him by the next roll. If multiple people request him, he will be given to the one highest on the waiting list. If none request him, a generic action will be performed for him until one does.

Last edited by bigkahuna on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:46 pm

That was cool...

How strong is Buck. (As in, could he smash the trapdoor?)
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Well considering he just woke up from his "sleep", he's swaying like a drunkard, and his grip on your arm wasn't strong enough to hold down a kitten, probably not.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Can we change his name to Tom...

Just so I can say "Throw Tom at it!"
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm

"Ugh, I guess I can as well talk to you people... Should we awaken these people? They might prove useful... The last thing I remember involved some sword-fighting at midnight."

Major: Search for where the sound is coming from and crouch giving my back to the side of whatever door/entrance I can find nearby, make sure I am not viewable immediately when someone comes in.

Minor: Prepare my knife in my left hand and my umbrella on my right hand. Read the pamphlet to see under what charges I am being searchd for specifically. Also kick as many people as I can in my way, gently, but enough to wake them up.

Last edited by PeterPorty on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Throw buck at trapdoor.
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Flamelasher - that just made my day Laughing
Peter - note that there are two more rolls until the mysterious person/people arrive. You'll be hiding for a while.

IMO, there are two things you can do:

A. Wake up as many people as possible to form some sort of resistance.
B. Escape through the trapdoor with the people who are awake as fast as possible.

Either option seems risky. In option A, the people may not wake up or be too drowsy to be of any help (no-one else has woken up). Also, if these mysterious captors have incarcerated all these people, surely they'd be able to take out a few stragglers. In option B, you may not make it in time or not find a good hiding place. Either way there is a chance of warning your captors.

I'd make your actions accordingly.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Flame, any chance you can use your minor to check how many people/whatever are the footsteps from? =D
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Okay.

NEW ACTION

MINOR: LISTEN TO FOOTSTEPS AND MAKE A GUESS ON NUMBERS
MAJOR: THROW BUCK AT TRAPDOOR
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Poor Buck.

Zerovirus, Talkal, and Shadowkiller - waiting on your actions.

Do I get any feedback? How's the dialogue/rolls/gameplay/descriptions?
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterPorty Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't really know; we're in a dark place where nothing has happened really... As far as I can tell, it looks good so far. I'll give a better review in 2-3 more rolls. =D
PeterPorty
PeterPorty
High Gamemaster
High Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Yeah, sorry that nothing much has happened yet. I was trying to introduce some of the story while getting myself and you guys used to the roll style. Trust me - things will get much more exciting soon. Not quite as exciting as the Wesnoth one, though. I never liked how you got ambushed every roll and weren't even able to go anywhere. This will be much more plot-based and interesting (hopefully), while still retaining the action and sci-fi themes.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 am

Looks like there are some NPCs inbound. Could I play one of them? :-)
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadoWKilleR Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 am

Major> Wake up the people who are still unconscious.
Minor> Check my pockets for my trusty serrated knife.
ShadoWKilleR
ShadoWKilleR
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 am

Rulyon - you are now in control of Buck. Do you have an action for him?

Last edited by bigkahuna on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  FLAMELASHER Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:08 am

(I'm throwing him at the trapdoor... So he can't do that much...)
FLAMELASHER
FLAMELASHER
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigkahuna Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 am

He could resist, talk to people, or help you with your roll... It's not his fault that he's being thrown against his will Wink

EDIT: Waiting on Talkal and Zero... Roll is on 4th page or in the new archives. Does someone want to PM them? When at least one of them posts actions I'll roll this afternoon.

EDIT2: Also, a list of actions before every roll (4-6 CST every day normally) would be nice.
Bigkahuna
Bigkahuna
Worldmaster
Worldmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 am

Major: Resist Flamelasher's attempt to THROW me with all my weight and strength.

"..'The HELL are you thinkin'? Get'cher han's offa me, you lummox!"

If successful:

Glare at Flamelasher. "Best we try to get outta here TOGETHER, hm?"

If failed:

Flail arms about uselessly in an attempt to control my landing to avoid damage. (I.e. to avoid snapping my neck or some other bone in the process. "Whooooaaaaaa!"
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next