Novalia Roll 2 Dodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

+10
mastery910
Bigkahuna
AerynPierre
FLAMELASHER
King_Pikmin
Rulyon
Darien
FoolishBalloon
Saima
14 posters

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 26 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Rulyon Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Note that he said "vote". Whichever route takes the most votes is the way we go.

"I'm still wound up from that fight. I suggest the middle door. For although I am running low on arrows, I have no money to spend with which to buy them. I'll have to hope I find some along the way. The door on the left promises glory and wealth, our initial goal. However when we initially set out we had our circle of friends, great allies we fought with before. Their losses have saddened me greatly, but we have made new friends." I stop and look at the newer members of the group. "I believe before we embark on such a dangerous endeavor as Kalmoth's complex we should fight alongside one another more in less... DIFFICULT situations. Allow ourselves a chance to grow comfortable with one another's new allies in the field of battle."

Step forward and address the newer members of the party. "Well met, friends. I am Byrssh Ryrgysshi and this is my brother, Kursk. This delightful young lady is Vignarvaeri Darasv.

How is your shoulder?"
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 26 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers

Post  Saima Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Great to see you guys are still around. I'll give 8680 and Shino a bit of extra time before I start rolling... They probably gave up on this game.

Hopefully this roll will allow the game to go back to it's fun roots... Without constantly changing enemies.

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm

When ain't battle fun? Mwhahaha!

Interesting...it doesn't show 8680's last time online. Still coming to the site?
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Concur with the Ryrgysshis et al. regarding the middle door. “We would be remiss to forgo such an evident opportunity to hone our skills.”
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

I'll start rolling now... Seems like it's a consensus without Shino anyways. But hey, if she posts in time, she can have a minor.

Edit: Roll is here. It's small, but that's all it needs for now.

Game Events:

With that, the stranger runs back the way he guided the party through.

The party begins to discuss their options. “I vote we take either the middle to train or the right door for rest, for it does not seem we are very stealthy a group...” Byrssh nods in agreement with his brother. "I'm still wound up from that fight. I suggest the middle door. For although I am running low on arrows, I have no money to spend with which to buy them. I'll have to hope I find some along the way. The door on the left promises glory and wealth, our initial goal. However when we initially set out we had our circle of friends, great allies we fought with before. Their losses have saddened me greatly, but we have made new friends. ”

Byrssh looks at Kunoiko and Kookiepie. "I believe before we embark on such a dangerous endeavor as Kalmoth's complex we should fight alongside one another more in less... DIFFICULT situations. Allow ourselves a chance to grow comfortable with one another's new allies in the field of battle."

He steps towards the two new members of the party. "Well met, friends. I am Byrssh Ryrgysshi and this is my brother, Kursk. This delightful young lady is Vignarvaeri Darasv. How is your shoulder?" Kookiepie shrugs with her head only, avoiding moving her limbs too much. “I am tired and battered, but I'll be fine.”

With a consensus reached, the party prepares to step through the middle doorway.

“Ladies first”, Kursk offers to the female members of the party.

One by one, all 5 heroes step through the portal.

Everyone [~]

You step through the doorway...

A calming blue mist surrounds your body, and a wave of relaxation pushing through your body forces you to close your eyes. It's almost as if you're swimming in air.

When you open your eyes, you are in the middle of a cold, stone room. A quick scan of the area reveals 5 things of importance.

1 – A wooden door marked with “Keep Out!” in some sort of red pigment

2 – A second wooden door with a red handle

3 – An iron door with a key slot and intricate swirls carved into it

4 – A set of 5 colored buttons on a wall (red, blue, green, yellow, and orange) surrounded by the torches that are lighting the room

5 – A small wooden chest
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am

"I wonder... a red handle and a red button? But it's potentially trapped..."

Shoot an arrow at the red button from my current position in the hopes that the impact is strong enough to trigger it.

Reply to "Thanks.... Byrssh, right?" with a slight inclination of my head and a gentle palm-up "after you" gesture with my firing hand. Then notch an arrow and be ready for whatever comes at us.

Last edited by Rulyon on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 pm

"I wonder if this place has the same effect upon my magic..."
Uses manipulate stone (major) in an attempt to open another opening beside the iron door, one that would lead to the same room.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Whoops. The field has dissipated. So has everything related to that battle (Byrssh's battle trance, etc.) Thanks for reminding me.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I actually stopped even checking DC. Shame on me.
"So, these buttons are obviosuly some kind of a puzzle. My guess is that inside one of the doors, we will find some combination or riddle, so best course of action -"
Sound of arrow bouncing of the button!
"- ... Would be to do yet nothing now. *sigh* Thanks... Byrssh, right?"
Watch the red doors and the buttons. If nothing happens, continue.
"My best guess is that the door with red handle should be our start. There, possibly, we will find either clues to the riddle, or key to the iron doors."
If nobody vocally objects, try to open - slowly - doors with red handle.
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Would opening the chest be a minor or major action?
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Minor. So is examining what is inside briefly, and taking small objects (up to a large backpack in size). Anything larger or more detailed will take a major.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:22 am

Expanded my action a smidge.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Minor : Open the chest; take any small non-hostile objects.
Major : If any hostile creatures and/or objects appear, fireball them. Else, help Kursk with his dungeon-breaking.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:34 am

3 – An iron door with a key slot and intricate swirls carved into it
kender loves locks

"OOOH! That is one pretty lock <3." KookiePie approaches the iron door and start to fiddle with it.

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I finally rolled within a month of the previous one. Hip hip hooray! XD

Byrssh Ryrgysshi [2 + 4 = 6]

"I wonder... a red handle and a red button? But it's potentially trapped...", you mutter under your breath.

Deciding to stay safe, you notch an arrow in your bow, aiming at the red button. Your aim falters for a second, but your masterful bow skills compensate.

The arrow whizzes through the air, and you hear Kunoiko saying “so best course of action -”, cut off by the impact of the arrow.

Roll to determine effects of pressing button: 3/12

Nothing seems to happen. For a few seconds, everyone in the room stands still. “- ... Would be to do yet nothing now. *sigh* Thanks... Byrssh, right?”, Kunoiko finishes her sentence. You nod your head slightly, inviting your ninja friend to go forth. Out of instinct from the last battle, you notch another arrow, getting ready for any enemies.

And what a good idea that was.

The red handle begins to turn on it's own. Slowly but surely the door opens. Standing behind it is a floating ball of fire. It immediately charges at you.

Ball of Fire: D10+1 (surprise) V.S. Byrssh: D10+2 (bow ready)

Ball of Fire: 10 + 1 = 11 V.S. Byrssh: 3 + 2 = 5

The mass of flame floats towards you at a ludicrous speed. You aim your bow to attack, but by the time you're ready to shoot, the ball has engulfed you. As it floats through your head, and you white out for a second.

When you come to your senses, your entire head hurts. You figure that you're badly burnt. Turning around quickly, you see your elemental adversary smack into the stone wall and disappear.

Effects: Head badly burnt (-1 to all actions due to pain. Further -2 to actions using your physical head. Will sustain heavier damage to head in combat. Will heal over 6 turns.)

Skills: Diplomacy (+2 to diplomatic rolls)

Master Bow Skills (+4 to bow related rolls.)

Magic:

Level 2 – XP: 62

Create fire

Manipulate Fire

inventory:

Kursk Ryrgysshi [8 + 2 + 1 = 11]

Taking in your surroundings, you mumble “I wonder if this place has the same effect upon my magic... “

Almost as is the room is listening to you, the field lifts, and you feel your magic skills coming back. You look at the iron door with interest. “I don't think so. Let's take another route.”

You focus in on the stone to the left of the door. Going into the Void, you begin to poke at it with your mind. It feels malleable, so you continue with your plan. You begin to work the stone back and forth as you've done in the past, slowly severing the bonds between the pieces of stone.

After a minute, you feel Vig's mental presence at your side. Now filled with extra energy, you get a firm mental grasp on the stone, and pull it away from the rest of the wall. It comes off with a satisfying crack, and you let it drop to the ground and shatter.

Carefully walking over to the hole you made, you take a peek into the room.

It's another dungeon room, lit by the same type of torches you've found in every other. Inside there is an iron chest encrusted with rubies, and a small wooden box on top of it. Other than that, you don't see anything of significance.

Effects: Stone skin (+2 to defense rolls)

Stone infused with body (If broken off, next action receives a -2 penalty)

Sharp stone arms (+1 to attack rolls)

Cooled bloodstream (Extra -1 to debuffs related to blood)

Skills: Major earth proficiency (+2 to all earth-manipulating or creating rolls)

Stone proficiency (+1 to all stone-manipulating or creating rolls)

Basic diplomacy (+1 to all diplomatic rolls)

Basic Tracking (+1 to all tracking rolls)

Magic:

Level 7 – XP: 298

Manipulate Earth (major)

Create Earth

Manipulate Stone (major)

Manipulate Air

Create Lightning (major)

Manipulate Lightning (major)

inventory:

Kunoiko Hachimaki[11]

You look around the room, quickly surmising a plan. "So, these buttons are obviously some kind of a puzzle. My guess is that inside one of the doors, we will find some combination or riddle, so best course of action -"

Your words are cut off by Bryssh's arrow smacking into the red button.

"- ... Would be to do yet nothing now. *sigh* Thanks... Byrssh, right?"

Frustrated, you wait to see if the red handled door does anything. You see it open slowly, and a ball of fire shoots out at Byrssh. Looking over at him, you figure he's okay, so you move towards the opened room.

Cautiously waiting to the side of the doorway, you peek at the room. It looks safe, so you go inside to investigate.

Inside the room you see a few things of importance: two iron doors without locks on the left and right walls, a table and chair set, and a metal box hung from the ceiling with a rope. Looking closely at the box, you see a small charred piece of stone with strange markings engraved in it. It's position retaliative to the doorway makes you think that this was the source of the fireball.

You re-enter the starting room in an effort to not get separated from your allies.

Effects: Mildly hung over (-1 to mental rolls. May have trouble concentrating on difficult tasks)

Skills: Gymnastic prowess (+2 to basic gymnastic rolls. Allows you to perform medium scaled feats of agility, such as running on walls for a short period of time)

Throwing weapons proficiency (level 2) (+3 to throwing weapons rolls)

Basic first aid (+1 to 3 on medical rolls, depending on the difficulty of the task, easier getting a higher bonus. Allows you to perform more advanced medical techniques such as bandaging broken limbs)

Drunken Martial Arts (While intoxicated, +3 to martial arts rolls)

Battered and Bruised (If damaged in combat, will take more serious penalties)

Magic:

Level 1 – XP: 0

None

inventory:

Vig[11]

You walk over to the chest, seeing that nobody else has taken an interest in it.

Roll for loot: [4/12]

You crack open the chest, and look inside.

A tiny leather bag. You quickly investigate it's contents, hopeful for coins. However, it brings nothing of the sort. You pocket the bag anyways, hoping that it will come in handy some time.

You look at Kursk's efforts in breaking the stone wall, and decide to help him. Slipping into the void, you begin to get a grasp on the earthen wall. It responds well, and within a few seconds, you feel Kursk tearing a chunk of the wall out.
Suddenly, you see a ball of fire jump out at Byrssh. You jump to your reflexes, preparing to shoot a fireball at it, but quickly think better of it. This is one time that fighting fire with fire is unadvisable.

You walk over to the hole in the wall with Kursk, and step inside the room. You see a chest encrusted with rubies, and a small wooden box on top of it.

Effects: White burn mark on left wrist (Unknown effects)

Skills: Fire manipulating hands

Magic:

Level 7 – XP: 284

Manipulate Earth

Create Fire

Manipulate Fire

Create Earth

Manipulate Bone (minor)

Manipulate Air (major)

Atmospheric Impedance (major) (+2 to rolls casting this spell)

Fireball (+1 to rolls casting this spell)

inventory:

KookiePie[10 – 1 (the trauma doesn't fully apply to things like lockpicking) = 9]

You look around the room, and immediately lock eyes with the iron door. The intricate swirls... The complex lock... Beautiful.

You shout “OOOH! That is one pretty lock!”, and twist your fingers into a heart symbol over your head.

You run over to the door, and begin playing with the lock. At first you just examine the mechanism the make the lock work – a series of iron bars slide to accommodate only the exact right key shape. Once they are pushed up, a simple turn of the key pulls the locking bar out of the wall and lets the door swing freely.

Next, you pull out one of your copper coins, and your dagger. The coin feels lighter than usual, and you suspect it's made of a cheaper and weaker metal.

You're so involved in your work that you lose sight of everything else in the room.

Using your dagger as a carving tool, you begin to shape the copper coin into a pointy rod. After a minute or so of crafting, you look down happily at the result: a rudimentary lock-pick. You place it gingerly in the lock, and begin to jiggle it up and down.

You feel the tumblers click.

Turning the lock-pick, you almost squeal with joy – the door opens!

You inspect the following room and notice Vig and Kursk already in it. Just then do you realize your efforts were unnecessary. “Oh well. I've got a lock-pick now!” you think to yourself.

A quick scan reveals a ruby-encrusted chest. You stare at it, half in awe, and half in glee.

Effects: Trauma on left arm (-2 to rolls using left or both arms. Goes away in 2 turns.)

Skills: Major gymnastic prowess (+3 to intermediate gymnastic rolls. Allows you to perform large feats of agility, such as climbing up almost sheer rock faces)

Stealth movement (+2 to stealth movement rolls)

Major pickpocketing proficiency(+3 to pickpocketing rolls)

Dagger Mastery (+3 to combat rolls involving daggers. +2 to other rolls involving daggers.)

Magic:

Level 3 – XP: 60

inventory:

Game Events:

None

Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Malregima Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 pm

that was perfect Saima, KookiePie likes challenges (lock-picking, playing with puzzles, etc.) and likes to have the feeling of success rather than getting prizes behind the lock.

minor: "Does the red chest have lock?" her eye widens with facination as she looks at the chest
Major: If the chest has lock, fiddle with it again
If it does not, open it
If it does not open, loose interest in it and walk out to see if there is any other locks.

Last edited by Malregima on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Malregima
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobody Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Peek into second room.
Carefully and slowly open wooden box.
If something happens, hit the dirt.
"I say we watch out for traps. If there was one, there will be more."
Shinobody
Shinobody
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  anailater Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 am

Are there any open slots?
anailater
anailater
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  8680 Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 am

Minor : Move to inspect the wooden box; see that Kunoiko is already undertaking that course of action; leave the Intricate Iron Door Room; see that the Red-Handled Door Room is now open; enter it.
Major : Inspect the metal box; take its contents, if any, and the charred stone if it is not included in or solely comprising the aforementioned (you were ambiguous as to whether it's in the box or not).

anailater wrote:Roll to Dodge: The Dungeon Crawlers - Page 26 Open-s10
Not sure about slots, but apparently there's an open spot.
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 pm

There sure is. Read the first page and fill out the application form. It would also help if you read over at least some of the past rolls to give you an idea of how the game works. I'll add you in when the time is right.

@8680: The stone is in the box.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  AerynPierre Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Walk into the first room so that I can rapidly respond to any hostile activity in any room, mentally prep to battle any foes with magic that would logically be their weakness (skeleton vs fire, etc). If hostile activity happens...move to respond. If no hostile activity...cautiously inspect the door that says keepout. Attmept to open the wall beside it the same way I did with the room with the iron door.
AerynPierre
AerynPierre
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rulyon Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Check the table and chair for anything of interest. Afterwards, investigate the left iron door. If it appears safe to touch, open it and check the next room.
Rulyon
Rulyon
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  anailater Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Character name: Horja
Race: Cross breed dwarven-human
Physical traits: Ginger(Hair and eyes) A beard also ginger large scar down left leg.
Other traits: personality im guessing well he's outgoing but very agressive and secretful with his past
Any other info: Slgihtly based ona certain you tube minecraft dwarf backstory wise no one who knows his life story has died in suspicious mine pick related murders.

I've read all of the story already so...............woop.
anailater
anailater
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  mastery910 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:48 am

I'm back after having set my life straight. Now I want another opportunity on this. However since mister new guy above me is first, put me on the waiting list.
P.S.; I missed you guys.

Character name: Bratja Igor

Race: Just your typical Russian.

Physical traits: Big Blue eyes, big nose, smaller size than average, missing his left ring finger.

Any other info: I'm just a poor russian reverend that has fled from Russia (planet earth) and somehow got trapped in a dimensional vortex and got warped here. He lost his left ring finger in the process of warping.
mastery910
mastery910
Avid Roleplayer
Avid Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Saima Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:35 am

Sounds like a reasonable character. Accepted.

Just a head up: I haven't started the roll yet. I've been swamped with pretty much the busiest weeks I've had in school so far. I'm hoping to finish my work today so I can have the weekend to roll.
Saima
Saima
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next